Business Services provides many support services necessary to facilitate the instructional, co-curricular, and community programming offered by the Sparta Area School District. Some of these services include:
- Coordinate all phases the district’s budgeting process. The annual budget of all district funds exceeds $30 million.
- Receipt and disbursement of all district funds.
- Process of payroll for over 600 full-time, part-time, and temporary employees.
- Administer employee benefit programs.
- Maintain financial records in accordance with Wisconsin Uniform Financial Accounting Requirements (WUFAR), Generally Accepted Account Principles (GAAP), and standards of the Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
- Review of the reliability of the accounting and reporting systems.
- Manage district investments.
- Oversee district long- and short-term debt.
- Maintain and verify current inventory of the fixed assets of the district.
- Provide resources for School Board employee contract negotiations.
- Oversee custodial, maintenance, and service systems of the district.
- Provide supervision of District’s Food Service and Transportation services.
See this three page PDF handout from the Wisconsin Association of School Business Officials for a more complete description of the activities of the school business office.