Employee Benefit Information
All information on this page is effective as of July 1, 2017.
Summary of Benefits
- Employee Benefits Guide (PDF)
Health Insurance (HMO) Plans
Unity Health Insurance (Gundersen)
Unity offers a tool called MyChart which is a secure online portal for members to see their insurance and medical information. You can access MyChart by following these instructions:
Health Traditions (Mayo)
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage (PDF)
- Certificate of Coverage (PDF)
- Health Traditions Enrollment Form (PDF)
HRA and FSA Plans
MidAmerica Administrative & Retirement Solutions, Inc.
The Sparta Area School District uses a third-party administrator, MidAmerica Administrative & Retirement Solutions, Inc., to manage both its Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) and its Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plans. Employees can view plan information for both the HRA and FSA Plans through the MidAmerica website by logging in as a participant at www.MyMidAmerica.com .
- Inital log-in: Social security number
- Initial password: Last 4 digits of social security number
For active employees with health insurance, the District funds an HRA that can be used to cover the insurance deductible and other eligible expenses. The District maintains a “high deductible” health insurance plan. There is also an HRA Plan used to manage an early retirement benefit for health-related expenses.
- Health Reimbursement Account Booklet (PDF)
- Health Reimbursement Eligible Expenses (PDF)
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage – Class A (PDF)
- HRA Claims Submission Guide (PDF)
- HRA Online Claims Submission (PDF)
- HRA Recurring Claim Form (PDF)
To be eligible for the full amount of the District contribution into your HRA account ($740 for single and $1,480 for family), a confidential health analysis is required to be completed. To fulfill this requirement, please schedule a wellness exam with your primary care provider.
The District’s FSA Plan is available to active employees. Employees may elect to set money aside pre-tax to be used for eligible medical and dependent care expenses.
FSA Plan Highlights (PDF)
FSA Open Enrollment (PDF)
- FSA Enrollment Form (PDF)
- FSA Online Enrollment Instructions (PDF)
- FSA Direct Deposit Form (PDF)
- Dependent Care Mid-Year Election Changes (PDF)
- FSA COBRA Election Form (PDF)
- FSA Authorization for Release (PDF)
Dental Insurance Plan
Disability Insurance Plans
Madison National Life Insurance Company
The District offers a voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance Plan for permanent employees who work a minimum of 18.75 hours per week.
The District offers a fully funded Long-Term Disability Insurance Plan benefit for permanent employees who work a minimum of 18.75 hours per week.
The District offers a voluntary Life Insurance Plan for permanent employees.
Please note that your Life Insurance plan has a conversion option. If you wish to take advantage of this option, you must make a written application for this provision within 31 days of your last date of eligibility. If you fail to elect this provision within the given 31 day time period, you will not be able to take advantage of this provision at a later date. If you have any questions or need further information, please contact National Insurance Services at 800-627-3660.
Employees covered under the Madison National Life Insurance policy are also offered Identity Theft Assistance. The employee and their family members are covered at no additional cost.
Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA) – 403(b) Plan
Top 6 Reasons to 403(b) (PDF)
Fees Defined (PDF)
TSA Plan Document (PDF)
403(b) Enrollment Forms
- OMNI Online Directions (PDF)
- OMNI Transfer and Other Requests (PDF)
- OMNI Salary Reduction Agreement (PDF)
- SAMPLE – Salary Reduction Agreement (PDF)
WEA 403(b) Application (PDF)
Other Post Employment Benefit
The District is the custodian of an Employee Benefit Trust Fund. The purpose of the Trust is to set aside funds to pay future benefits. These benefits include the retiree health insurance or Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) benefit available to certain teacher and administrators who meet the eligibility requirements at retirement. Additionally, the Trust is used to fund other employee benefits, including contributions to the 403(b) Plan.
- Trust Fund Agreement (PDF)