My name is Carla O’Rourke and I am your child’s School Counselor. Our district’s School Counseling Program is prevention-oriented with a primary goal of helping students to reach their fullest potential. Please contact me if there is anything I can do to assist your child this school year. I look forward to working with you and your child throughout a fun and exciting year of learning.
My roles as the school counselor:
- Working with students in small groups on topics such as social skills, friendship, family changes, self-esteem, school success, etc. Students are welcome to join groups throughout the year.
- Meeting with students individually on issues such as peer conflicts, academic concerns, family changes, grief issues, anger management, etc.
- Teaching developmentally appropriate, skill-based classroom guidance lessons in all K-3 classrooms covering the areas of academic success, social skills, self-management, protective behaviors, careers and transition. This includes the topics of listening, cooperation, friendship, bullying and personal safety.
- Consulting with teachers, staff, administrators, parents and community resources.
- Working with parents to help their children reach their social, emotional, and academic potential.
If you would like your child to join a group or be scheduled for individual counseling you may let me know by contacting me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (608) 366-3467 ext. 3117.