My name is Steve Nachowicz, and I am the school counselor here at Sparta Montessori and over at SAILS Charter School. Our district’s School Counseling Program is prevention-oriented with the goal of helping students reach their fullest potential. Please contact me if there is anything I can do to assist your child this school year. I look forward to another great year.
My roles as the school counselor:
● Working with students in small groups, on topics such as social skills, friendship, family changes, self-esteem, school success, etc. Permission slips for recurring groups will always be sent home prior to start.
● Meeting with students individually on issues such as peer conflicts, academic concerns, family changes, grief, anger management, etc.
● Teaching developmentally appropriate, skill-based classroom lessons based on the Character Strong curriculum which cover the following social-emotional skills required by the district: respect, responsibility, gratitude, empathy, perseverance, honesty, cooperation, courage, and creativity.
● Consulting with teachers on the Character Strong curriculum, and providing assistance to their lessons.
● Working with parents, community resources, and staff to help build a comprehensive team to support our students and help them reach their social, emotional, and academic potential.
If you would like your child to join a group or be scheduled for individual counseling, you may let me know by contacting me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (608) 366-3468 ext 2003.