In addition to earning 48 credits in specific areas and a cumulative grade point average of 1.5 or higher, all Sparta High School graduates must have completed 40 hours of service learning and have the hours on file in order to graduate. Five hours per semester will be prorated for students who transfer into the District.
Service-Learning Log (PDF)
Sparta Parks and Rec Department
- Athletes - hours in gym on Saturdays - help with referee (do not have to have certification, just basketball knowledge)
- Can also help with scoreboard and clock and concession stands for home tournaments.
- Youth wrestling tournament 01/22/22 or 01/23/22
- High school wrestling tournament Saturday before above 01/15/22
Contact: Sam Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer with Sparta Parks and Rec at 608-269-6322.
- Set-up weekend before Thanksgiving every year.
Contact Sparta Chamber of Commerce
Red Cross in La Crosse, WI
Salvation Army Bell Ringers
Boys & Girls Club
Mayo Clinic Sparta
Variety of animals, and plenty of work to do all the time.
If get voicemail, which probably will, just leave a message, with your name and phone number.
Phone number: (608) 272-3064
Sparta United Methodist Church
WIN (What I Need)
Coulee CAP, 217 N Black River St, Sparta, WI 54656
Volunteers needed on 12/20/21 at 11:00 AM for truck delivery. Every Monday and Wednesday at 9:30 AM for truck delivery. Monday and Thursdays at 9:30 to box up food.
Contact: Thersa Rogalla, 608-424-4187, email@example.com
Contact Jason Houser anytime between the hours of 3:00 AM and 11:30 PM at: 608-633-5431
Opportunities available all summer long and a lot of different projects. Just reach out to Jason to let him know you are interested in helping with a project.