We are proud to be a part of this great team of professionals dedicated to helping your child(ren) learn, grow, and achieve their highest potential. Our goal is to enhance the educational environment for each student by helping to prevent, limit, and remove health related barriers to learning.
District Nurse Office
Sparta High School
506 N Black River St.
Sparta, WI 54656
Phone: 608-366-3504 ext. 8736
Although the primary responsibility for the well-being of a student belongs with a parent/guardian, the School District shares in that responsibility by providing for health, illness, and emergency needs for all students during the school day and school activities.
7 Core Roles of the School Nurse
- The school nurse provides care for injuries and acute illness for all students and long-term management of students with special health care needs.
- The school nurse provides leadership for the provision of health services.
- The school nurse provides screening and referral for health conditions.
- The school nurse promotes a healthy school environment.
- The school nurse promotes health and provides health education by providing health information to individual students and groups of students through health education, science, and other classes when appropriate.
- The school nurse serves in a leadership role for health policies and programs.
- The school nurse is a liaison between school personnel, family, health care professionals, and the community.