Spring Semester SVLA Enrollment Open
Registration for the 2023 Spring semester is available December 1 through December 31, 2022.
Welcome to the Sparta Virtual Learning Academy (SVLA)
Beginning with the 2022-23 school year, all students participating in SVLA will be enrolled in courses offered through the Wisconsin eSchool Network (WEN).
When deciding whether SVLA would be a good fit for your student, please use the following information to help guide your decision.
- All students are considered members in their brick and mortar grade level school - Southside Early Learning Center, Herrman Elementary School, Meadowview Middle School and Sparta High School who are choosing SVLA as their learning pathway.
- Online learning is designed for self-motivated, independent learners with a strong support system at home.
- Kindergarten - Grade 8: Students and families are making a year-long commitment to SVLA when they register.
- Grade 9 - Grade 12: Students and families are making a semester commitment to SVLA when they register.
- Student attendance is compulsory and will follow the Wisconsin State Statute for school attendance. Families should plan that instruction will include “live” instructional time (synchronous) and flexible instructional time (asynchronous).
- The District reserves the option to transfer a student out of SVLA if students are not successful with attendance and/or learning virtually.
- Grades PreK - 5 will be taught by Sparta Area School District teachers. Teachers given virtual assignments will be teaching virtually only. The learning platform for these grade levels will be through Genius (similar to Skyward) and BUZZ (similar to Seesaw and Schoology).
- Grades 6 - 12 will be taught by a combination of SASD and WEN teaching staff. The learning platform for these grade levels will be through Genius (similar to Skyward) and BUZZ (similar to Seesaw and Schoology). Link to WEN for more information.
- Students with IEPs, 504 plans, or English language needs will receive the same designated support through online learning as they would in building to the greatest extent possible.
As you have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at the email below. I look forward to working with you.
Sparta’s District Online Learning Coordinator
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.