Welcome to the Sparta Virtual Learning Academy (SVLA)
When deciding whether SVLA would be a good fit for your student, please use the following information to help guide your decision.
- All students participating in SVLA will be enrolled in courses offered through our school district’s partnership with the Wisconsin eSchool Network (WEN).
- All students are considered members in their brick and mortar grade level school - Southside Early Learning Center (PreK, K), Herrman Elementary School (Grades 1-4), Meadowview Middle School (Grades 5-8) and Sparta High School (Grades 9-12) who choose SVLA as their learning pathway.
- Online learning is designed for self-motivated, independent learners with a strong support system at home.
- C- or better for all spring semester grades of the 2022-2023 school year for the 2023-2024 school year. Fall 2023 grades are reviewed for Spring 2024 participation.
- Pre- Kindergarten - Grade 8:
- Students and families are making a year-long commitment to SVLA when they register.
- Taught by Sparta Area School District teachers. The learning platform for these grade levels will be through Genius (similar to Skyward) and BUZZ (similar to Seesaw and Schoology)
- Families should plan that instruction will include “live” instructional time (synchronous) and flexible instructional time (asynchronous).
- Grade 9 - Grade 12:
- Students and families are making a semester commitment to SVLA when they register.
- Taught by a combination of SASD and WEN statewide teaching staff. The learning platform for these grade levels will be through Genius (similar to Skyward) and BUZZ (Schoology). Link to WEN for more information.
- Full time online students in grades 9-12 may participate in up to two in-building electives (two class periods) per semester. Availability is dependent on demand and some classes may be full.
- If a student is not making adequate progress in their optional in-building elective they will be withdrawn with an F and may, or may not, be enrolled in an online elective for the remainder of the semester.
- Student attendance is compulsory and will follow the Wisconsin State Statute for school attendance.
- Current attendance is reviewed and should be consistent school day attendance as determined by building administration.
- The District reserves the option to transfer students from SVLA to in-building learning if students are not successful with attendance and/or learning virtually.
- Students with IEPs, 504 plans, or English language needs will receive the same designated support through online learning as they would in building to the greatest extent possible.
Registration is currently open. Register today! 2023-2024 SVLA Student Registration Form
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at the email below.
Sparta’s District Online Learning Coordinator
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.